Click image to enlarge

History

Copyright 2020 Riverview Cemetery. All rights reserved.

As early as the late 1700s, the cemetery was known as the Village Cemetery and was originally located at the "ferry crossing," believed to be near the present-day railroad bridge.

 

The Elm Street location dates from about 1825. The village schoolhouse was located on the northeast corner of the cemetery property. When the school building was moved in 1904, lots were sold for gravesites.

 

The Riverview Cemetery Association was formed in 1907, when the western side of the property was acquired from George Ridley. This section was the back portion of the Ridley’s residence on Elm Street.

 

Donald and Mark Cheetham inventoried the cemetery's lots in 2003 and their records are available as a reference work at the Topsham Public Library.​

Cemetery Postcard

(circa ? )